Are you interested in becoming a kayaking instructor, kayaking coach or guide? Do you want to improve your paddling skills and gain confidence on the water? Maybe you have a passion for paddling and want to inspire others to enjoy life from the water?
We offer a wide range of courses to develop your personal and coaching skills. British Canoeing (BC) courses include the NEW Paddlesport Instructor and Paddlesport Leader Award, and a wide range of Leadership and Personal Performance Awards Awards in Sea and Surf Kayaking . To find out which course is best for you and get more information go to the British Canoeing website or Get in Touch.
BC Paddlesport Instructor Award (NEW for 2019)
This course will prepare kayakers for their first Paddlesport instructor role in very sheltered water. It is a 2 day training and assessment course. Find out more: British Canoeing
BC Paddlesport Leader Award
This Award is aimed at kayak leaders in benign, sheltered water environments. Training and assessment can be arranged on demand.
Sea Safety Session
Do you have your own kayak or want to buy one? Do you need to increase your skills and confidence on the water? This 3 hour, basic level training course will introduce you to kayaking and how to be safe on the water. This includes how to rescue yourself and others, what you should take with you and what to do in an emergency. It can take place at one of our venues on the Lizard or Hayle or we can come to a venue of your choice. Get in touch to organise a bespoke course as these cannot be booked online.
Prices & Booking
- NEW BC Paddlesport Instructor (2 days training & assessment) – £199
- Paddlesport Leader Assessment (1 day, max 2 people) – £165 each (2 people) or £300 for 1
- BC Sea Kayak (Moderate Water) Leader – £185 for training OR £195 for assessment (2 days each)
- BC Advanced Sea Kayak Leader – £ 200 for training OR £210 assessment (2 days each)
- BC OWNTP/CNTP – £80 (+BC fee)
- BC Surf Kayak (Moderate Water) Leader – £199 for Training OR £210 for Assessment (2 days each)
- BC Advanced Surf Kayak Leader – £210 for Training OR £220 for Assessment (2 days each)
- NOTE: many British Canoeing courses have additional registration or certification fees.
Dates & Details
Courses can be arranged on demand with sufficient numbers. Contact us to find out more and get on our mailing list.
- NEW BC Paddlesport Instructor: TBC
- BC Paddlesport Leader Assessment: 23rd April 2019 OR booked on demand at a venue of your choice.
- BC Sea Kayak Leader Training (Moderate Water): 9-10th May 2019
- BC Sea Kayak Leader Assessment (Moderate Water): 13-14th June & 7-8th Oct 2019
- BC Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning: 22nd April 2019
- BC Surf Kayak Leader (old 4 Star) Training: 10-11th Oct 2019
- BC Surf Kayak Leader Assessment: 29-30th April 2019
- BC Advanced Sea Kayak Leader: Training & Assessment TBC
We also specialise in Surf Kayak Coaching, visit the website for more info.