Kayak Training Courses
Are you interested in becoming a kayaking instructor, kayaking coach or guide? Do you want to improve your paddling skills and gain confidence on the water? Maybe you have a passion for paddling and want to inspire others to enjoy life from the water?
We offer a wide range of courses to develop your personal and coaching skills. British Canoeing (BC) courses include UKCC Level 1 and 2 Coaching in Paddlesports, the NEW BC Paddlesport Leader Award and BC 3, 4 and 5 Star Leader Awards in Sea and Surf Kayaking. Give us a call or contact us to find out which course is best for you. To find out more see the downloads below.
Why choose Lizard Adventure?
J-P Eatock is the most qualified sea and surf kayak coach based in Cornwall. He trains and technically advises a number of Kayaking providers around the UK.
We also specialise in Surf Kayak Coaching, visit the website for more info. We can choose from a number of amazing locations around Cornwall to ensure the course meets your needs.
Paddlesport Leader Award
The NEW (from April 2017) Paddlesport Leader is aimed at paddlers taking on formal leadership responsibilities in benign, sheltered water environments and aims to support Leaders to run safe, quality, enjoyable trips based on their group’s needs and aspirations. Participants can be assessed without training, however we are offering a one day training course before the one day assessment. Longer training courses can be arranged, contact us to find out more.
Prices & Booking
- UKCC Level 1 Coaching in Paddlesport (4 days assessment & training) – £275
- UKCC Level 2 Coaching in Paddlesport – Training (4 days) – £250
- UKCC Level 2 Coaching in Paddlesport – Assessment (1 day) – £150 plus expenses
- BC OWNTP/CNTP – £75 (+BC fee)
- BC 3 Star Award – £150 for training and assessment (2 days)
- BC 4 & 5 Star Awards – £175 for training OR assessment (2 days each)
Dates & Details
- UKCC Level 1: 18th-21st May 2017
- UKCC Level 2 Training: TBC (Contact us to arrange Assessment)
- BC 5 Star Surf Leader Training: 4-5th Feb 2017
- BC 4 Star Sea Leader Training & CNTP: 20th-22nd March 2017
- NEW BC Paddlesport Leader Award: Training 19th June, Assessment 20th June 2017
- Contact us if these aren’t what you’re looking for as we often set dates on demand.